Shrikhand is a traditional Gujarati and Maharashtrain i.e; a classic dessert of Western India style made of curd and additional flavors as per liking of an individual.
It is a perfect delicacy prepared during festivals, especially Diwali.
- 4 cups of yogurt or curd.
- ¾ cup of sugar as needed
- Few strands of saffron
- 1 tablespoon warm milk
- About ¼ teaspoon crushed cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sliced pistachios
- Put curd in a thin ans soft piece of cloth also known as muslin or cheese cloth over a strainer or hang it same where. Place a bowl underneath the strainer to collect the excess water.
- Next gently squeeze the excess water from yogurt.
- Move the yogurt with strainer and bowl into the refrigerator for at least six hours to drain excess water.
- Yogurt will become thick in consistency.
- Dissolve the saffron in warm milk. Milk will take on the saffron color, yellowish orange.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk to yogurt and beat well till sugar dissolves.
- Mix in most of the almonds and pistachios to the yogurt and the remaining nuts will be used for garnish.
- Chill the shrikhand before serving.
One can use fruits or/and like mango, strawberry, badam, pista, kesar, etc as added individual flavour of Shrikhand. This dessert is generally served with puri.
If you Like This Post Please Comment Below and Share ...