Kaju katli also known as Kaju Katri or Kaju barfi is an Indian dessert made from cashew nut which is known as Kaju in Hindi.
It is an expensive sweet as compared to its counter parts but it is liked by every one.
- 500 gms of cashew nuts (kaju)
- 400 gms of sugar
- 1 tbsp of rose water
- silver foil
- Soak the cashew nuts in 1 liter of water for 2 to 4 hours.
- Drain and grind them into a paste in a grinder.
- Take a think bottom pan and add the sugar and cashew nut paste.
- Cook the mixture on a slow flame until of dough-like consistency. Add the rose water if the mixture is too hard.
- Cool the dough slightly.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a smooth surface.
- Spread the silver foil over it.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces and serve.
For kesar kaju katli after the third step warm the saffron in a small vessel, add a little milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. Cool the dough mixture slightly and add the saffron mixture. Mix very well.
If you Like This Post Please Comment Below and Share ...