Badam Kheer also known as Dry Fruit Kheer or Badam Milk basically is a aromatic, royal Indian drink made with milk and almond.
It can be served warm or cold, as a welcome drink, or as a sweet with the main course, or as a dessert after the food. One thing is sure when so ever it is had it is specially delicious…..
- 1/2 cup Almond (Badam)
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tblsp Sugar
- 5 crushed Cardamoms
- a pinch of Saffron (Kesar), soaked in lukewarm milk
- Boil half a litre of water in a thick bottomed pan.
- Till then add the almonds when the water is boiling and cook for 2 minutes, then it remove from the flame and drain.
- Remove the skin of the almonds and grind it to form a fine paste.
- When the milk begins to boil add the almond paste and the sugar and cook for 5 minutes over a low flame stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame. Add the dissolved saffron and the crushed cardamoms and allow it to cool and serve chilled.
One can put other dry fruits in it as cashew nut, pistachios and almonds too… to make it more royal and tastier.
If you Like This Post Please Comment Below and Share ...